Search Engine Optimization
Search Engine Optimization: More than 90% of consumers and businesses begin the buying process by researching the Web for companies and suppliers, so it is absolutely critical that you can be found, with good position, on the major search engines: Google, Yahoo, and Bing. When consumers conduct a search they are interested in your product category. What better time to engage them than at this “moment of relevance.”
Search Engine marketing is not a science, it’s an art. There are many ways that you can improve your performance in search engines including:
- Good content on your website that contains the keywords your potential customer may use to search for your or your products. This is called “organic search.”
- Relevant copy - most of the major search engines use a quality score which they develop based on how relevant your content is to the consumer’s search.
- Creating sites that are easy to navigate and accurate page titles so that search engines can correctly categorize topics.
- Keywords - you’ve probably heard about them or KEI (Keyword Effectiveness Index). How do you make sure you are using the right key words? There are many ways to go about it. Start with brainstorming what words or phrases your customers are likely to use when searching for your product category, then use free tools and analytics to continually refine your list.
- Make use of descriptive meta tags and alt copy to describe what the page or image is about.
- Improving the simplicity of your URLs makes it easier for search engine crawlers to categorize content. Use descriptive terms, not numbers in your URLs.
- Submitting site maps to all of the major search engines. It’s also a good idea to make a site map available on your website for your potential customers, so that they can find what they are looking for.
- Blog about your area of expertise. This will increase the likelihood of being found on searches of your topic area.
- Make use of free tools to analyze and improve your site. Google’s Website Optimizer and Analytics are great tools to help you analyze your website and determine what key words are driving people to your site.
- Links from other highly visited websites are very valuable in driving search engine results (as well as referrals).
- Posting videos on YouTube and other sites will increase your performance in search engines. As an added bonus, videos great referral generators—they are easy to forward on to friends and colleagues.
- Localization: Creating pages that are dedicated to local content in your community will increase the chances of you showing up in local searches. Pursuing links with other local businesses’ websites and bloggers will also help improve performance.
Let Graphtek interactive do a thorough review of your search engine performance and develop a plan to upgrade your website’s performance.
Contact Graphtek Interactive today to schedule your no-obligation consultation or call us now at (760) 341-4583.